We leave for our court trip!
Thursday - Today we left for Russia for our court trip. Itinerary is leave Jacksonville at 11:50 arrive in Atlanta at 12:30. Leave Atlanta at 3:55 for 10 1/2 hour flight to Moscow where we will spend 2 nights at the Izamailova Hotel. Leave on Sunday at 7:35 pm for 6 hour flight, land in Irkutsk at 5 am. We are thrilled we will be on the same flight as Serguey and another family traveling to meet there future son.
It's amazing at the people you meet when traveling. While waiting for the Moscow flight we met another family traveling to adopt. They are adopting a brother and sister in Kyrkistan. They had their adorable 3 yr old daughter with them; they will be there only 14 days, 1 trip. Anyway, Dee was such a positive force. I feel like God put her in our path to help left our spirits after such a depressing day yesterday. We had a lot in common, she lived in Jacksonville before moving to Atlanta, is same age as myself, and is adopting two children. There trip will be difficult as Krykistan is a nomadic country and very poor, in fact they are carrying all the food they will need for the trip with them. On the plane I was rubbing my neck and a Russian lady walking by stopped and asked if I was in pain (at least I think that is what she said), she then massaged my neck a couple of minutes. How nice.
Friday - We arrived in Moscow on time and went through customs without any problems. Rich slept most of the way there, I have difficulty sleeping on planes and kept waking up. Our driver was waiting for and spoke very little English; it is hot outside, feels like Florida with temperatures in the 90's and high humidity. The hotel was a 2 hour ride from the airport and is North of the city near a large craft market that we hope to visit.
I slept most of the afternoon, Rich said I slept through a really loud thunderstorm, I guess that is what jetlag will do to you. After I woke up we walked around awhile. The Izamailovo Hotel is huge and is actually 4 hotels built for the 1980 Moscow Olympics; it was built on the site of the historic Izamailovo village and Royal Estate, where 'Peter The Great' grew up. We ate at a restaurant that sits next to the hotel's banya (Russian spa with pool, sauna and then you hit yourself with birch switches.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home